Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ancestor Dreams CD Released!


I finally stopped waiting and decided to release my first CD, 
 
Ancestor Dreams, which is now released and ready for download 
or physical distribution. It features all original music in some traditional 
and contemporary stylings. Four compositions feature my Anasazi style
flutes in "A", and the rest are with a variety of Native American 
flutes. It is now available as a CD or download at this link to  
CDbaby.com and www.digstation.comas well as on iTunes 
(search for Mark Purtill, or Ancestor Dreams)and also directly from me. 
Clicking on the thumbs-up link on the right will take you directly
to Digstation. I'd love to hear your comments after you hear the album
for a couple of times.

Why haven't I done this sooner? I re-read an article in 
INAFA's Voice 
of the Wind by Clint Goss about having music reach a broader audience, 
and the importance of sharing musical ideas. It took me about two 
paragraphs before I realized it was going to happen. 
The experience of getting the album produced was not as hard as 
I had thought it would be, and I'm already thinking about 
the next collection.

No comments: