Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Yosemite FluteFest 2010

It was truly a weekend of renewing friendships and making new ones. Life and geography make it impossible to see and enjoy these wonderful people as much as I would like. My special friend, Kiriel Solene, brought her usual spirit of joy and love to the proceedings and graced us with her music as a soloist and accompanist to others. Her dear friend, Peter played from some place deep within and held us spellbound. Here are some photos:
 Flutemaker Tahoe Larry, trying out my flute. I got a sweet little A minor flute from him!
 Dear Kiriel, giving us "a hand".
 Sitting in with some friends. A very interesting solo on the double-chambered drone flute.
 Kiriel's friend, Peter. This picture says it all.
 Deborah Peterson, leader of Anchorage, Alaska's flute circle. One of the nicest people I know.
 Dennis Hatch, Master Craftsman, and bon vivant
Pat, from Burning Wood Flutes, the nicest booth neighbor one could ask for.

I also saw Vance Pennington's Anasazi wood flutes, which have some lovely designs and beautiful tone. Another maker you should check out is John Eley of Medine Wheel Flutes.
I have previously listed some of my other favorite makers in the link list at right, so please visit them, too.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Mark,
I really had a great time at the Festival with you and the flute you gifted me is wonderful. your manual and the scale sheet are helping me play tones I've only heard and now playing... thank you so much. Hope to see you soon!